A business background is an invaluable asset for understanding the business context in which a client operates and for appreciating the pressures a client faces. A strong business acumen enhances an attorney’s ability to grasp the client’s business plan, strategy, and culture in order to play a crucial role in recognizing the client’s difficulties. Strong business experience helps the attorney find solutions and add value to the team while maintaining cost.
domestic and foreign corporations and other business entities.
● Represent subsidiaries and affiliates of foreign business entities doing business in the United States.
● Negotiate commercial property leases to assist the company locate its place of business.
● Draft employment agreements.
● Counsel on the negotiation and participation in strategic alliances and joint ventures.
● Negotiate and draft service and operating contracts.
● Negotiate and draft license agreements.
● Manage the ongoing maintenance of operating entity.
● Draft shareholder agreements.
● Protect intellectual property and proprietary information with the registering of trademarks and service marks, and development of procedures to protect trade secrets.
● Provide legal counsel on the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, joint ventures; liquidations, reorganizations, recapitalizations, private equity placements, and other structural changes.
● Represent Individuals and Businesses in Court Involving a Variety of Business Matters Including:
● Breach of Contract
● Fraud and Misrepresentation
● Unfair and Deceptive Act or Practices (Violation of M.G.L.c. 93A)
● Breach of Fiduciary Duty
● Breach of Implied Covenant of Good Faith and Fair Dealing
● Breach of Warranty
● Injunctive Relief
● Attachments on Trustee Process
● Specific Performance
● Interference with Contractual or Advantageous Relations
● Misappropriation of Proprietary Information
BUSINESS AND CORPORATE : "MY BUSINESS EXPERIENCE HELPS ME UNDERSTAND MY CLIENT'S BUSINESS AND TO DEVELOP COST- EFFECTIVE AND CREATIVE SOLUTIONS."